It's no secret that I like setting aside a specific budget for my trips. But if I have limited funds (and still itching to travel), I make sure that I 'book and plan ahead'. Here's how I do it:
1) I choose a destination.
2) I book my plane or bus ticket a few months early (look for seat sales!).
3) I check online sources for reviews and recommendations and then narrow down the best affordable rates for accommodations and tours, especially if I'm going DIY.
4) I book my accommodation (eg. Airbnb, Agoda, Booking).
5) I make a projection of my expenses by creating an itinerary based on figures that I've gathered online (list how many meals per day, how many nights in a lodging, how much for commute fees, etc.). Remember, it's okay to work around estimates, as it makes for a good buffer too.
6) I start saving up for the trip by allocating a certain amount from my earnings every month.
Allocating my funds for a trip helps me track how much is still needed to achieve my monetary goal.
Want to know how to travel while adding value to your hard earned money? Check out the tips and hacks below from fellow travel enthusiasts.
How about you? How do you budget for your travels?
Explore & Be Free!