There are only a few things that make me remarkably excited, and one of those include out-of-town trips and hotel stays. I just love a nice getaway that provides a delightful bed and breakfast setup. To have the opportunity to dwell in a cozy and quality accommodation truly helps restore one's mind and body. So imagine yourself savoring all these and more at a redeveloped hotel that's resting on a hilltop, amidst a very tranquil and green setting. Want to know where to find such a place? Visit the Oriental Bataan in Mariveles, and discover why it's a destination of its own.
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
I was never a fan of long-haul travels, which is quite ironic for someone who loves to explore, right? So just imagine my hesitation when I got invited by a friend to visit Bataan again (check the 1st trip and 2nd trip here) - a Philippine destination that usually takes 3-4 hours to reach by bus. Fortunately, we discovered a better and more convenient way to reach the progressive province, all without the butt-numbing experience - 1Bataan Integrated Transport System (ITS) – a ferry service that brings Manila closer to Bataan.
Friday, March 23, 2018
It's no secret that I like setting aside a specific budget for my trips. But if I have limited funds (and still itching to travel), I make sure that I 'book and plan ahead'. Here's how I do it:
1) I choose a destination.
2) I book my plane or bus ticket a few months early (look for seat sales!).
3) I check online sources for reviews and recommendations and then narrow down the best affordable rates for accommodations and tours, especially if I'm going DIY.
4) I book my accommodation (eg. Airbnb, Agoda, Booking).
5) I make a projection of my expenses by creating an itinerary based on figures that I've gathered online (list how many meals per day, how many nights in a lodging, how much for commute fees, etc.). Remember, it's okay to work around estimates, as it makes for a good buffer too.
6) I start saving up for the trip by allocating a certain amount from my earnings every month.
Allocating my funds for a trip helps me track how much is still needed to achieve my monetary goal.
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Dubai is a fascinating city. I've only been here for less than a year, and I've already enjoyed exploring this bustling emirate. With its magnificent and towering structures (it's not the City of Superlatives for nothing), this dynamic town doesn't fail to highlight its own culture and heritage, especially its ingenuity - all of the qualities that I absolutely admire about Dubai.
Below is a roundup of some of my personal and budget-friendly explorations in Dubai, along with some very interesting contributions from fellow travel bloggers.
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
First of all, a Happy New Year to you, Biyaheras & Biyaheros! How did you ring in the Year of the Dog? As for us, we spent the first day of 2018 by doing a photo walk along the Al Seef Marina in Dubai. It was a bit far from where we lived. But it was definitely worth traveling to, as it displayed the city's deeply-rooted culture and maritime heritage smoothly merging into urbanism.