Friday, January 14, 2011

CEBU'S Sky Extreme Adventure gave me the jitters!!!

{July 2010} I went to Cebu to apply for my dream job. But much to my dismay, I didn't get that much awaited call back. So to help ease my disappointment, my friends and I went out for drinks after our 'interview'. And since Marriott Hotel was just beside Ayala Cebu, we walked all the way there with high heels and all.

My friend, Ruth and I decided to get something to drink at Seattle's Best while we waited for her friend Edz to arrive. And since Ruth and Edz had no prior engagements, we all decided to have lunch at Crown Regency Hotel & Towers. So when Rubel arrived at the mall, we immediately left and hopped on the 14A Jeep.

After a good 10-15 minutes on the road, we finally arrived at the famous guesthouse. Ok, so we weren't just having lunch at the hotel --- as the building also happened to be the venue for the famous Sky Experience Adventure (just like the one in Macau Tower). 

We ate lunch first, and then availed of the adventure package. Our other friend, Kai also joined us for lunch. But she no longer came with us for the latter (she was too scared to try it!). Well, I was super scared too. But it was an opportunity to experience something new. And I just didn't want to miss it!

The Sky Experience Adventure cost us P600 each, which included the following: 1 edge coaster ride + Sky walk + snack. 

Before we got into the whole gut-wrenching adventure, we first took photos of the area around us. This was to help calm our nerves. But then it didn't work. It was simply a 'now-or-never!' moment for everybody. So what Rubel and I did was to push ourselves to finally "do it!". Well, I was more of the scaredy-cat than Rubel was. But I felt that he was freaking out too. The Edge coaster was only the first part of this nerve-racking experience, and it was on the 38th floor. Well, I'll just let you see for yourselves how crazy this first ride was.

The second part of our adventure consisted of a more or less 20-minute walk around the hotel (this was on the 37th floor) with harnesses, safety gears, full clothing and all. It was the longest 20-minutes of my life. I wanted to end that 'walk' right away. But in an all-in-one-piece manner of course! Anyhow, I may have looked calm and all from the photos posted below. But deep inside, I was already screaming my lungs out!

The whole package was awesome (plus the free food and drink that came with it). I was super proud to say that I finally had that 'extreme adventure' crossed out from my bucket list. But one thing's for sure... I will never ever try that again! 

Anyway, after our S.E.A. moment, we headed back to the I.T. Park via the 17D jeep (the one that passes by Lahug Apas). We went on our separate ways from there. We just met up again later that night to have dinner and a few drinks at Moon Cafe by THE WALK, Asiatown IT Park. It was only a few minutes walk from Alba Uno, so we definitely saved up on our jeep fares. =)

We ended the night with a few drinks, as we also wanted to check-in early. We had a jampacked day so it was just timely to feel tired from the day's activities. Anyhow, I'm ending this note of our 2nd day in Cebu, and making way for a new story to tell. Day 3 is up next!

Explore & Be Free!
Post a Comment